Every Indian living abroad needs to get their spice fix for the day. This was my mother’s way and now it is mine.
4 pieces of bread-toasted on one side
Mix all the ingredients together, cover the non toasted side of the bread and grill until bubbling and golden.
- Rub the chicken pieces with a 1 1/2 tablespoons of Korma paste,lemon juice, garlic puree, egg, salt.
- Drag the pieces through the gram flour and plunge fry
- Combine the yoghurt, a dessertspoon of the madras paste and the spinach, a touch of lemon juice and salt.
- Rub the ribs with garlic and garamasala and roast.
- Fry onions, ginger and garlic, add 2 dessertspoons of Pataks Tikka Paste, 1 dessert spoon of honey, 1 dessert spoon of tamarind concentrate.
- Simmer adding a little water to loosen the glaze. Add in the ribs and simmer for the last few minutes, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with a finger bowl!
Pimp My Rice
£20.00, Available from Nourish Books